Friday, July 10, 2015
Just recently, I started frequenting The Blazing Reel. It's a wonderful movie blog run by Khalid. Please check his site out when you get the chance. I was by there the other day and saw that he had gotten a Liebster award. For the uninitiated, this is an award bestowed upon bloggers by their fellow bloggers. When you are nominated, there are a few simple rules to follow in order to accept your award:
1. Thank the blog who nominated you and link back to them.
2. Nominate up to 11 other bloggers to receive the coveted award.
3. Answer 11 questions from the blogger who nominated you.
4. Tell your readers 11 random facts about yourself.
5. Give the nominees 11 questions to answer on their blog when they post their nomination.
It's a great way to meet new bloggers and expand horizons within the blogosphere. When I got to the end of Khalid's post, I saw that he nominated me.
And I didn't even prepare a speech.
Just to double check myself on following the rules, I'll say thank you to Khalid at The Blazing Reel for this honor.
We'll jump around the rules a bit and next hit up 11 random facts about myself.
1. I have a rapidly expanding collection of superhero t-shirts.
2. My first car was a 1985 Chevy Cavalier.
3. I've never took one puff of a cigarette or anything else you can smoke.
4. I've been known to eat an entire can of Pringles in one sitting.
5. I share a birthday with John Glenn, Nelson Mandela, Hunter S. Thompson, James Brolin, and Vin Diesel.
6. I'm fairly certain peanut butter and chocolate is the most dynamic duo of all-time.
7. I'm a lifelong fan of the New York Yankees, Giants, and Knicks.
8. I recently read the entire novel Shiloh in a little over two hours.
9. The U.S. Army taught me to type.
10. I type about 70 wpm.
11. I began reviewing movies in a thread on a video game message board.
Here are my responses to Khalid's questions:
1) What is your favorite movie?
Do the Right Thing. Its a movie that connects with me in every possible way.
2) Which post-apocalyptic world would you not mind living in?
Hmmm...I'll go with The Matrix. I mean, I could be sleep and just think I'm living a normal life or awake and have an amazing adventure while trying to save the world. Win-win.
3) Favorite character from F.R.I.E.N.D.S.?
I guess the Jennifer Aniston one, since Aniston still has a career...and is still hot. Honestly though, I can't say I've seen more than one or two episodes from start to finish.
4) Coke or Pepsi?
5) If you were Archie who would you pick, Betty or Veronica?
Veronica. I'm more of a brunette type of guy.
6) Favorite kind of Pizza?
If we're talking major name brand, I'd probably go with Papa John's. If we're talking what's on it then give me beef, sausage, pepperoni, onions, green peppers, mushrooms, crushed red pepper and garlic powder. I'm getting hungry, now.
7) Favorite Television Show?
The Honeymooners. Don't watch any TV shows nowadays, but might start with some of the Netflix shows. And I don't think I can watch The Cosby Show and get the warm and fuzzies anymore. Sigh.
8) Name a movie that you consider to be your guilty pleasure.
Got tons of 'em. Just click here for a bunch of them. If you're forcing me to pick one, I'll go with Showgirls.
9) Name on dead person you'd meet if you could.
10) Name a movie that made you cry.
The 1978 version of The Champ. I watched it when I was eight years and cried my eyes out. To this day, it's the only movie that's ever made me cry.
11) Name one thing you'd say to a younger version of yourself.
Don't watch The Champ.
For my 11 nominees, I'm selecting bloggers I've only recently become familiar with so that, hopefully, you too. They are (alphabetically by blog title)...
Assholes Watching Movies
Dancin' Dan on Film
Ever So Ethnically Confused
Graveyard Shift Sisters
Isaacs Picture Conclusions
Robbins Realm Blog
Speaks in Movie Lines
Here are my questions for you guys...
1. What movie is most responsible for making you a film buff?
2. If there were a movie made about your life, who should play your significant other?
3. Name an event you've been a part of that they should make a movie about.
4. Name an event you wish they would stop making movies about.
5. What villain do you think would make a great hero? Why?
6. What hero do you think would make a great villain? Why?
7. Name a movie you love from a genre you hate.
8. Name a movie that's so bad it's awesome.
9. What is your favorite color?
10. Do you prefer dogs or cats?
11. How and why did you become a blogger?
Thanks again to Khalid, and congrats to all of my nominees. I hope you choose to accept this award as I look forward to reading your responses.