Saturday, August 27, 2016

Against the Crowd Blogathon 2016: Day 5 Recap & Wrap-Up


Day 5 of Against the Crowd Blogathon 2016 is in the books. A few more brave souls went out on their limbs and told us why the movies we love suck and why the movies we hate are awesome. Thanks to the following for finishing off the Blogathon in style:

Let's Taco 'Bout Film bashes a David Fincher movie in the skull with a giant mallet borrowed from a girl in a DC flick. 

Dancin' Dan on Film gives another Fincher film the business and takes up for a slasher flick/musical.

Sinedoks couldn't enjoy a wreck of a film, and does something extremely rare: loves a movie starring Treat Williams.

Film Grimoire prefers a much derided film about strippers to a much lauded one about the old west.

My co-host KG of KG's Movie Rants couldn't find the funny in a very popular rom-com and terminated haters of Arnie's return to the war between man and machine.


A special thanks goes to all those who set time aside this week to have a little fun defending their unpopular opinions. If anyone reading this still wants to participate, I will amend this post to include your link should you get something published in the next few days. 

Finally, a big thanks also goes to my co-host KG, who ran things from his corner of the blogosphere. He has expressed interest in running a blogathon of his own. Can't wait to see what he comes up with.

Take a look back at the rest of the entries





8 comments:

  1. Hi Wendell, apologies if this is a double posted comment but I'm unsure if my previous comment came through! I'm sorry but my post for this blogathon is a bit late! For some reason I had written down that the blogathon finished on the 28th, must have been brainfog. Here's my post nonetheless: https://filmgrimoire.com/2016/08/28/the-against-the-crowd-blogathon-2016-edition/ Thanks for another fun year of enabling us to explore rebellious film choices! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries. I've already added it in above. Better late than never!

      Delete
  2. Man...I am absolutely gutted to have missed out on this. Last year was so much fun, defending Godzilla and trashing Crash! Unfortunately my exceedingly inconsistent timetable doesn't always allow a lot of time for blogging these days.
    But hey, there's always next year. And will be going through the various entries. Always interesting reading a reviled film defended and a well-lauded film trashed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely understand. Things are about to get a bit more hectic for me, too. Hopefully you'll be to take part next year. In the meantime, thanks for supporting it by checking out the entries.

      Delete
  3. It was as much fun as last year Dell, though I haven't had a chance to go through all the entries yet! Thanks for hosting and again for letting me participate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Any time, Joel. I'm already looking forward to next year.

      Delete
  4. This has been so much fun to follow! I'm gutted we missed last year, but we'll be back for sure in 2017! :)
    - Allie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for making it better than it could have been. I'm grateful to you ladies for participating.

      Delete